Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm stealing this verse from Beth's blog...
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

My take on this verse is a bit different though. It is something I've been struggling with and want to work on. I may have said this before, but I've been feeling almost too lazy. Just like this verse says, I was stressed and "burdened" last semester. I was beginning to realize how much I needed God in my life all the time, but was too busy to do anything about it. I've not had the toughest semester so far, so I've had a ton of extra time. I'm so used to go-go-go, I thought I was doing something wrong. I used to be so busy and was stressed, then became not so busy and was stressed that I wasn't busy... get my drift? No contentment!!! It's a horrible thing to wrestle with, let me tell ya. As Amy told me, it's ok to take some time to rest. This is exactly where I'm at right now. God is giving me a period of relaxation, and I believe it will help me strengthen my walk with Christ, in order to face some big stuff, that I wouldn't be able to face now. "... gentle and humble in heart..." God is amazing, there's absolutely no denying that. If there were only reason behind God's awesomeness, this would be it: He allows us to rest. Relaxation can heal and strengthen the body and mind. God's got big plans for all of us, me included, and we have to be strong enough to endure through them.

Continuing on the topic of relaxation...
I may be getting a babysitting job for the summer, what could be more relaxing than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment